🧑🍳RecipesMexican Recipes for a Picnic Gathering
Spice up your picnic with these delicious Mexican recipes that are sure to impress your guests!
Summer is the perfect time to gather with friends and family for a picnic. And what better way to spice up your picnic than with some delicious Mexican recipes? Here are some of our favorite recipes that are sure to impress your guests:
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn Ingredients:
- 6 ears of corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and tender, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and sour cream.
Brush corn with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with cotija cheese and chili powder.
Serve with lime wedges.
Chicken Tinga Tacos Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 12 corn tortillas
- Toppings: chopped cilantro, diced avocado, crumbled queso fresco
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
Add diced tomatoes and chipotle pepper and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
Shred chicken with two forks.
Serve chicken tinga on warm corn tortillas with desired toppings.
Watermelon and Feta Salad Ingredients:
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, feta cheese, mint, cilantro, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over watermelon mixture and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
These Mexican recipes are sure to be a hit at your next picnic gathering. And if you're looking for more recipe ideas, be sure to check out ChefGPT. With its AI-powered recipe creation capabilities, you can easily cook up these recipes and more with just a few clicks. Happy cooking!