🧑🍳RecipesVietnamese Recipes for a Vietnamese Banh Mi Party
Looking to host a Vietnamese Banh Mi party? Here are some delicious and authentic Vietnamese recipes to make your party a hit!
If you're looking to host a Vietnamese Banh Mi party, you're in luck! Vietnamese cuisine is known for its fresh and flavorful ingredients, making it the perfect choice for a summer party. In this blog post, we'll be sharing some delicious and authentic Vietnamese recipes that are sure to impress your guests.
- Banh Mi Sandwiches
No Vietnamese Banh Mi party would be complete without Banh Mi sandwiches! These sandwiches are made with a crispy baguette, pickled vegetables, fresh herbs, and a protein of your choice. We recommend using grilled pork or chicken for a classic Banh Mi flavor.
- 4 mini baguettes
- 1/2 lb grilled pork or chicken
- 1/2 cup pickled carrots and daikon
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
Mix together the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar to make the sauce.
Spread the sauce on the inside of the baguettes.
Layer the grilled pork or chicken, pickled vegetables, cilantro, and jalapenos on top of the sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
Grilled Lemongrass Pork
This grilled lemongrass pork is a staple in Vietnamese cuisine. The lemongrass adds a citrusy flavor to the pork, making it a perfect addition to any Banh Mi sandwich.
- 1 lb pork shoulder, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Mix together the lemongrass, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and vegetable oil to make the marinade.
Add the sliced pork to the marinade and let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Grill the pork for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
These Vietnamese spring rolls are a refreshing and healthy appetizer that are perfect for a summer party. They're filled with fresh vegetables and herbs, and can be served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup cooked rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip a rice paper wrapper into the water and let it soften for 10-15 seconds.
- Lay the rice paper wrapper on a flat surface.
- Layer the rice vermicelli noodles, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, mint, cilantro, basil, and peanuts on top of the rice paper wrapper.
- Fold the sides of the rice paper wrapper towards the center, then roll up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining rice paper wrappers and filling.
- Serve with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
Now that you have some delicious Vietnamese recipes for your Banh Mi party, it's time to start cooking! And if you're looking for even more recipe ideas, be sure to check out ChefGPT. With its AI-powered recipe creation capabilities, you can easily find and cook the same recipes mentioned in this blog post. Happy cooking!